A little test to see if
you belong at the Reunion
currently playing: "Young Love"
A little test to see if
you belong at the Reunion
Thank you for sending in more items to remember. The list keeps getting longer, now up to 202 and growing.
1. Candy cigarettes Check with your doctor you are suffering from severe memory
loss. No need coming to the reunion you
will not remember anyone. You probably never remembered your school assignments either. You probably played on the Football team and forgot to wear
your helmet.. You're older than dirt and belong at the reunion… Cancel all other plans for August 13thth through
August 15thth come to the reunion see your old friends and have some fun. By the way we are getting old……. spell check could not
recognize the word Studebaker!! If you have some suggestions to add to the list e-mail
Count all the ones that you remember, you will need to know your score.
2. Wax Coke shaped bottles with colored water inside
3. Restaurants with tableside juke boxes
4. Blackjack chewing gum
5. Noon Hour dances in the old Junior High gym
6. Tap dancing lessons at The Alamo
7. Newsreels before the movie
8. Plaid Slacks (side zippers of course)
9. Butch Wax
10. Telephone numbers with a word prefix like FAIRVIEW 6
11. Soda pop machines that dispensed glass bottles
12. Pom-Pom Pull-Away
13. We pinned our bra straps to our scoop neck blouse so they wouldn't show; now they wear them on the outside.
14. 45 RPM Records
15. 3-D Movies
17. Metal ice cube trays~~ with levers
18. Separate playgrounds at Central School - Boys on the East side and Girls on the West
19. Blue Flash Bulbs
20. Roller skate keys
21. Sen-Sen (the original "little black" breath fresheners)
22. Sack Dresses and Shirtwaist Dresses, (or as the song said "No Chemise Please")
24. Wringer washing machines
25. "Smith Brothers" cough drops
26. Reel~to~reel tape recorders
27. Tinker toys and Erector Sets
28. Neck Scarves and Furry Collars
29. 5 cent packs of baseball cards with a pink slab of bubblegum
30. Cinnamon toothpicks
31. Pop-it Beads ...come on girls, you all had them.
32. Duck tail (DA) and Flat-top Haircuts
33. The Spin and Marty Show
34. Red Rover - Red Rover
35. Cinch Belts
36. Girdles and garter belts to hold up your seam nylons
37. White Bucks and Black Flats
38. Crinolines & Hoop Skirts
39. Bermuda Shorts (always worn with knee high socks)
40. Black and White TV's with NO REMOTES
41. Sky King and Penny
42. The Shadow
43. Indian Joes Wigwam
44. Popcorn Wagon
45. Parking spots - the Cemetery, Isaac Walton Park, behind the Fairgrounds, Airport Road (got any more? Send in your secrets)
46. Slumber Parties
47. Brush rollers, Dipity Do, Pink Tape and hair nets (worn in public on Saturday)
48. Day-of-the Week Undies
49. Cardigan sweaters worn backwards
50. The Marlon, Mickey's, Goal Post and the Broaster (our hangouts)
51. Cateye Glasses for girls and horn-rimmed glasses for guys
52. Drive-ins and car hops
53. Pinetree Drive-In's Wed. night $1.00 per car load
54. The Midget Market (25 cents for a pack of cigs)
55. Mack's Shack - Best Burgers and 5 cent coffee
56. Blandin Beach
57. Car coats (to accommodate our crinolines)
58. Spit curls and Pixie, Bubble and Pageboy haircuts
59. Free Cartoon shows on Saturday at the Rialto
60. Ma Flemming in Study Hall
61. Dale Yelle
62. The "Jaycee" stamp at friday night dances
63. Ivy League buckles on back of your pants
64. Letter Sweaters
65. Engineer Boots
66. Pointed Bras (some, stuffed with tissue on Friday nights)
67. "I Led Three Lives"..What were the three lives of Herbert A. Filbrick?
68. Angora Sweaters
69. Running Boards
70. Homecoming buttons
71. Penny Candy
73. Fender Skirts
74. Eating a Lolla Paluzza earned "I was a Pig at the Goal Post" pin
74. Nickel cokes
75. Bucket Purses
76. Coonskin Caps
77. National Geographic (the boys favorite magazine,Tom Roy bought a lifetime subscription)
78. "The Ed Sullivan Show"
79. "Your Hit Parade"
80. Storm coats (our mothers made us wear them because they were warm)
81. Going steady and wearing his ring on a chain or wrapped with lots of tape and worn on the middle finger
82. Air mail
83. 3 cent postage
84. Dimmer switchs for your headlights located on the floorboard
85. Brylcream ( a little dab will do ya )
86. Collecting Root Beer Mugs from A&W
87. Pete Ryan's mohawk haircut in 4th grade
88. Thin white belts
89. Cutting the belt loops off your Levis
90. Spinner hub caps
91. White wall tires
92. Schwinn Bikes (fat white walled tires..one speed..slow)
93. Bomb Shelters
94. Polio Vaccine (shots with needles)
95. Rear view mirror fuzzy dice
96. Hula hoops
97. Crusader Rabbit
98. Lauren Lampi's car with a Rumble seat
99. Pogo Sticks
100. Saddle Shoes
101. P.F. Flyers
102. Pea shooters
103. Howdy Doody
104. Green Stamps
105. The Fuller Brush man
106. The Fort Apache Play set
107. Lincoln Logs
108. 15 cent Maid Rite Hamburgers
109. 24.9 cent a gallon gas
110. Beanie and Cecil
111. Cork pop guns
112. Mimeograph paper
113. Teaberry chewing gum
114. Clove chewing gum
115. "Oly-oly-oxen-free" made perfect sense
116. Piano lessons (because everyone had a piano)
117. KDAL Bandstand, out of Duluth
118. Peroxide parties (Remember the formula?..... Peroxide, amonia & ivory flakes applied with a tooth brush)
119. Your choice of glassware when buying gas at the M&H station and they pumped the gas, washed your windows and checked the oil!
120. Dixie cups with little wooden spoons.
121. Marjorie Main and Percy Kilbride as "Ma and Pa Kettle". Anyone remember how many kids they had?
122. Sgt. Preston and his wonder dog Yukon King.."On you huskies!!"
123. Red Ryder & L'il Beaver
124. Straight Arrow
126. Mr.Keen - Tracer of lost persons'
127. Wild Bill Hickock & his pal Jingles with Buckshot and Joker
128. Wild Bill Elliot, Hopalong Cassidy, Allen Rocky Lane and his horse Black Jack
129. The Romance of Helen Trent, Wendy Warren and the News
130. Sat. Morning on KDAL "No School Today" with Big John & Sparky (The theme song - "The Teddy Bears Picnic")
131. Watching the submarine races with a date. (Uh huh, did anyone ever win the race?)
132. Remember putting things on lay-away at Latz's or Harbens?
133. Bug screens on the front of cars
134. Rubber band guns (cuting up inner tubes for ammo)
135. Holy buckets that's another one...Inner tubes for car tires
136. Starters on the floor, some under the gas pedal.
137. Black telephones with no dials or buttons to push.The operator would say "number please" and you gave her the number you were calling.
138. Dress codes in school. (Now, that's a novel idea)
139. B B guns (Daisy Pumps cost $9.95)
140. The Cisco Kid and Diablo.
141. Coffee tables with plastic flowers under glass
142. Chrome edged Tables with plastic covered chairs that farted air when you sat down in them.
143. Chrome 1/2 headlight covers.
144. Kit Carson and El Toro
145. Henry J and Kaiser-Fraser cars.
146. Louvered hoods and painted flames on the cars.
147. Real people pin setters in the Bowling Alley.
148. Captain May I.
149. The "Bathtub" Nash and Hudson cars.
150. Glass packs, come on guys.
151. Inter Sanctum
152. Friday nite fights from Madison Square Gardens.
153. Route 66
154. Sun visors on the outside of the windshield.
155. Playing "Packed Sardines" with the neighborhood gang
156. If you wore a black leather jacket, blue jeans (really low), white socks and loafers and you wore your collar up you were called a "hood".
157. Crew Cuts
158. Wax lips and mustaches.
159. My Little Margie.
160. The Millionaire.
161. Party lines.
162. The Amos and Andy show
163. Sweaters with fake fur collars.
164. Rolled up blue jeans and your Dad's white dress shirt tied at the waist and sleeves rolled up
165. Movie magazines like Photoplay and Silver Screen
166. Lash LaRue
167. Whip Wilson
168. The Cisco Kid and Poncho
169. Tom Mix and Tim Holt
170. Pat Butram's jeep "Nellie Bell"
171. Playing "Last Couple out"
172. "Knuckles Down Tight" Marbles
173. Mumble peg also called "stretch" usually played with a jack knife or your mother's best kitchen knife
174. Parking spot additions..Riverside Park and the construction site for the Don-Al addition (Thanks Cal!)
175. The HA-CAR addition .. State of the art prefab homes on the south side of town.
176. Kookie and Cricket from 77 Sunset Strip
177. Joe Friday from Dragnet .. "just the facts"
178. Craig Stevens in Peter Gunn who hung out at "Mothers"
179. Troy Donahue living on a houseboat in Surfside Six
180. Car 54 Where Are You
181. Naked City .. "8 million stories"
182. Perry Mason
183. The Untouchables
184. Hawaiian Eye
185. Bourbon Street Beat
186. The Defenders
187. Indian Burns..ouch
188. 78 RPM records
189. Coke bottles with the names of cities on the bottom
190. Ribbon candy
191. Angel hair on the Christmas tree
193. kool ade right out of the little pack into your mouth..Mmmmmmmm
194. Rin Tin Tin and Corporal Rusty
195. Fuller brush man
196. The peanut Gallery
197. Calling out "Dibs" and "Shotgun"
198. The Honeymooners
199. The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
200. The Little Rascals and Pinky Lee.
201. Red Skeleton Show and Clem Kadiddlehopper and Freddie the Freeloader
202. Push lawn mowers..no motors.
How many do you remember?
If you remembered 100 or less:
If you remembered 101~130:
If you remembered 131~160:
If you remembered 161 or more:
1. Candy cigarettes
Check with your doctor you are suffering from severe memory
loss. No need coming to the reunion you
will not remember anyone.
You probably never remembered your school assignments either.
You probably played on the Football team and forgot to wear
You're older than dirt and belong at the reunion…
Cancel all other plans for August 13thth through August 15thth come to the reunion see your old friends and have some fun.
By the way we are getting old……. spell check could not recognize the word Studebaker!!
If you have some suggestions to add to the list e-mail the webmaster.
Problems? Comments? Notify Webmaster
Last Modified July 19, 2004